Saturday, May 1, 2010

So much music, so little time



It's Saturday and let's see, that must mean Jeff Beck, Cajun Beausoleil, extreme bassist Marcus Miller, more crawfish, more rose mint tea, more, more, more. New Orleans is the city of excess, if you're not careful. Last night, we saw the Gipsy Kings, who were hot, hot, hot, and we were up close cuz brother-in-law Charles got us on the VIP side stage. They blew us kisses the whole time, cuz we couldn't stop dancing, which means a lot of my pics are blurry. Note to self: Figure out how to take concert pix that aren't blurry despite dancing. So I'm off to the horsetrack again today (that's where they hold the festival.) The humidity is thick out there. The rain is promising to come. But I got me my umbrella and my plastic poncho. Yeah you rite.

2 comments:

  1. Ahaa! We saw Beausoleil at Wheatland, and loved them! Sorry, just now catching up on some of your posts! So happy you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Is this Kelly? I'm just reading some of my comments....I love doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete