Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 2 Jazz Festival and My Own Little Room

I'm pooped and Jazz Festival hasn't even started. It's work, man, being here, I tell ya'. So many decisions. Do I wear a skirt or a sundress today?  Eat gumbo or crawfish? Listen to the Rebirth Brass Band or Trombone Shorty? Yeah, so cry me a Mississippi River. But you know the saying how you have to take a vacation from your vacation.
 Today I spent an hour unpacking all my bling and outfits, lining up stacks of shirts and skirts and dresses that I will fling all over the room every day as I get dressed for JF. I went to the Super Dome and bought tix, then to lunch near Susan's office, then visited Susan's office on Canal Street, then walked for two miles in and out of galleries while I waited for Susan and took 353 photos all over the Quarter, including the (2012 Grammy for best regional roots album) Rebirth Brass Band and entourage; the Daisy Divas; Tanya and Dorise, amazing classical with wild flair duo (watch for them) http://tanyandorise.com/. I worked out with Susan,
helped make dinner and tried to 
take night pictures of Charles' fish in his tank in the shed, 
which did not work because they are nocturnal and every time we tried to put a light on them, they hid in their hollow log home. So you know, tomorrow is Jazz Festival. It's time I finish this blog and love this little room that is also part of the New Orleans scene for me. So thankful that it's mine for  14 days a year.


Tanya, of Tanya and Dorise



"In my own little corner, in my own little room, I can be whatever I want to be" -- Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment